CapitalClassifieds.com Contest: Standard terms and conditions for Contests
Please read these Contest rules carefully. If you enter one of our Contests, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them fully.
- These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Contest (as defined below) (the 'Contest Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Contest Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Contest Terms and the Standard Terms, the Contest Terms shall prevail.
- The Rules apply to any Contest (the 'Contest') that is promoted on the CapitalClassifieds.com website (www.CapitalClassifieds.com) and by entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by the Rules.
- CapitalClassifieds.com reserve the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Contest and/or the Rules without notice for any event that is outside of CapitalClassifieds.com reasonable control. Any changes to the Rules, or cancellation of the Contest, will be posted on this Page and/or our blog www.CapitalClassifieds.com/blog or one of CapitalClassifieds.com social media pages. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the Rules.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Contest, or any other matter relating to a Contest on CapitalClassifieds.com website, the decision of CapitalClassifieds.com shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by CapitalClassifieds.com
- By entering the Contest, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. CapitalClassifieds.com reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Contest.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Contest Terms, the Contest is only open to persons who are resident in CapitalClassifieds.com member countries and persons who are non-resident of CapitalClassifieds.com member states may not apply.
- Where a Contest is open to persons who are resident of the CapitalClassifieds.com member countries, no person may enter the Contest if the Contest breaches any law or regulation of the jurisdiction in which they are resident.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Contest Terms, the Contest is open to persons of 18 years and above. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, will not be eligible for the entry/participation on any contests on CapitalClassifieds.com
- CapitalClassifieds.com reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to CapitalClassifieds.com disqualifying that person, without CapitalClassifieds.com giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Contest (including CapitalClassifieds.com and AdgraftDigital Solutions); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Contest. CapitalClassifieds.com reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Contest as a result of this Rule.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Contest, CapitalClassifieds.com will, unless otherwise stated in the Contest Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Contest Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Contest or access the website however entrants should register as users of CapitalClassifieds.com website.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Contest Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that CapitalClassifieds.com discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected in accordance with Contest Entrants: Rule 7 above.
- Unless otherwise set out in the Contest Terms, CapitalClassifieds.com accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified by email in the manner set out in the Contest Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by CapitalClassifieds.com in its sole discretion).
- Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, CapitalClassifieds.com reserves the right to set and amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash/prize alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason CapitalClassifieds.com reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, CapitalClassifieds.com reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Contest Entrants: Rule 7 above.
- CapitalClassifieds.com accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Contest, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- CapitalClassifieds.com accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
- You agree that CapitalClassifieds.com (and any third party authorized by CapitalClassifieds.com) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Contest) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the CapitalClassifieds.com website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to CapitalClassifieds.com the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give CapitalClassifieds.com(and any third party authorized by CapitalClassifieds.com) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-license your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Contest.
- CapitalClassifieds.com will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Contest and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- All Prize-winners unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting any prize) to: (a) the use of their name, one or more photographs of themselves and disclosure of their county of residence (if such Prize-winner is resident within CapitalClassifieds.com member countries and (b) co-operate with or participate in any other reasonable post-Contest publicity.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Contest), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Kenyan Law.
- The Courts of the Republic of Kenya shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Copies of these Rules
- A copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to or an official email request to the email addresses listed:
CapitalClassifieds.com & Adgraft Digital Solutions,
P.O. Box 190, 50400